Walter Wimberly's Resume - Experience
- Website design and development:
- Constructed both initial design and redesign of various web sites.
- Implemented an e-commerce site. Generates approximately 80% of Showcases To Go’s sales. http://www.showcasestogo.com
- Devised usability testing and implemented current practices within websites.
- Stand-alone kiosk animated display that was displayed inside EPCOT.
- Application programming:
- Application for selecting/creating e-mail addresses based upon user criteria.
- Application for playing audio files for stage shows.
- Programmed a coin-operated children's drawing game that allowed the player to draw freeform designs and use preset graphics to create pictures.
- Database programming:
- Developed a quote generation software for a local electrician.
- Developed a grade management system for college instructors.
- Created a jewelry information database, which included the ability to print barcode information for retail outlets.
- Designed an order tracking database for display case manufacturer.
- Show and order tracking for a home-show sales company.
LMS Administrator - Lake Mary, FL
- Responsible for tracking students and classes for external customers and employees (~1000 users).
- Added web analytics tracking to measure use of Learning Management System (LMS) on employee site
- Updated and configured the user interface for both LMS websites to use web 2.0 user interface techologies
- Helped record new classes to be put into the LMS
- Improved LMS usage on both the Employee and Customer LMS web sites
- Developed guidlines for recording new course content in Adobe Captivate
- Develolped procedure manual for role of LMS Administrator
International Academy of Design and Technology
Instructor - Orlando, FL
2001 – February 2007
- Taught classes as part of the Networking (Protocols, Access, Visual Basic, C/C++) and Web Design and Development (Database Development, Director, Advanced Director, Flash, Design Fundamentals) programs.
- Designed and maintained four intranet websites.
- Developed promotional CD-ROMs for different degree programs.
- Designed two new A.S. degree programs (Network and System Administration), which nearly doubled the enrollment for the Computer Networking Department.
- Advised individual students on academic and career decisions.
- Interviewed potential instructors evaluating them based upon technical and teaching merit.
- Served as the faculty liaison for the Multimedia Advisory Committee degree program, which is responsible for reviewing the curriculum for the new Multimedia Bachelor’s program.
- Helped with the design of Multimedia Bachelor’s degree program.
- Helped redesign the Web Design A.S. and Web Development B.F.A. degrees to realign it with current industry trends.
- Acted as liaison between staff, adjuncts, and students to ensure the best learning environment for students.
- Worked as an individual tutor for the tutoring center to assist students who were in need of additional help with their course work.
Adjunct Professor - Orlando, FL
2004 – Present
- Taught classes using Java. Included topics were JDBC, Exception Handling, and Networking.
- Taught class on System Analysis and Design methods.
Department Head – Computer Programming Department - Orlando, FL
- Taught two or more programming classes per quarter.
- Responsible for redesigning and updating school website, including placing the school catalog entirely on-line.
- Oversaw a staff of two full-time personnel, three work-studies, and various adjunct instructors.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining curriculum to keep current with the industry.
- Developed a complete on-line version of the school's student catalog.
- Helped develop two certificate programs (Helpdesk and Web Design).
- Advised students working on career decisions and independent studies.
Institute for Simulation and Training
1998 – 2000
- Worked as project leader to create new environments in RAVEN for multiple modules (distance learning application).
- Responsible for 3D modeling, animation, and programming of VRML worlds (real-time 3D Internet deliverable language).
- MultiGen modeler for a real-time application developed for NASA. Served as chief modeler for project, delegating tasks as necessary, overseeing two other modelers working on the project.
- Java programmer for front end to an IBM DB2 database.